Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MY BUDDY GOT MARRIED ON MOONCAKE FESTIVAL



CONGRATULATIONS to Ken & Karina!!


When my buddy Ken called me two months back and told me he was planning to get married, I was stunned beyond words for several seconds. After a long pause, I teased him that he must be kidding.
"Hey! I am not falling for this old trick" I retorted smartly.

"No brother, this is for real. I AM getting married" he declared and his voice was kind of chocked with emotion.

"Huh? Err.. who is the bride man?" I questioned him feeling puzzled.

"My girlfriend lor" he replied sheepishly.

"Your what? Which one? And I had never hear you say anything about marriage this year? You didn't even tell me which girl you're going steady with?" I asked.

"Well.. I'm telling you now. I need you to be my witness for my marriage registration. Come over tonight and I'll tell you more and don't forget to bring a copy of your IC," he explained.
"Witness huh? Okay when is it?" I finally believed him.
"Two months later on Moon Cake Festival. Great for double celebration huh? It's my wife birthday too!" he said excitedly.
"Two months later?!!" I exclaimed.
There was a super long pause before I got hold of myself. This guy is a serial speed dater. Is he going on a speed marriage? I mean why should I react in such a way when one of my best friends has found the girl whom he wished to share his life with. That's because you don't know Ken. My buddy is a notorious ladies' man. He is the type of guy who would never trade his freedom for any girl or anything. If his wife is reading this, she might be really annoyed but I believe it is his love for her that changed him. He has changed his entire outlook towards women and life.

An absolutely miraculous change. Love does change people!
Last Saturday on Moon Cake Festival, I witnessed Ken's marriage registration with Karina at Thean Hou Temple, KL. Amazingly, as he held high his hand and took his marriage vows, I had a very touchy feeling.
I feel proud of you brudder. A new chapter in your life has begun. A new beginning to happiness.

Cameraman caught on camera





I'm honored to be a witness

Hey, you lied about your age?!!



Our marriage cert


You may kiss the bride... when you go home




Hey brudder! I am truly happy for you. I wish you both a blissful and joyful marriage! And be good ya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin