Friday, January 29, 2010

Feisty Beech Drove Me Crazy

When I was driving to work on the LDP this morning, the "iconic" highway was clogged with cars and cars as usual. Although I still grumble about paying toll for getting stuck in the routine jam like all pathetic LDP users, I was nonetheless numb to it already.











Almost everyday went by uneventful until this morning. As usual, there was a long line of cars queueing upon reaching the Touch & Go toll. In fact, there were several lines of cars trying to maneuver to go through each toll booth. I was waiting for my turn as cars interweave each other one by one which is an accepted road ethics (if you drive frequently on KL highways) because there were simply no clear demarcation lines at the toll to separate the vehicles or which line is for which toll booth. That's the damn reason all cars converge at the same point resulting in a bottleneck.




When my turn came, a dark blue Kancil accelerated and tried to overtake me on the left. A furious lady was ready to pounce on me. Heck! We were in a bumper by bumper jam! I mean there was nothing for her to look forward to after cutting in to my line. At first, I would have let her pass, no big deal. I'm an advocate of "ladies first" and maybe she was really in a hurry or for whatever reasons. I mean, there is no need and it's not nice to fight with a lady over such trivial matters. That is until she honked and kept pushing me away from the toll booth.




My usually sense of rational reasoning was overruled by sizzling blood shooting up my brains! I moved away and looked at her with my vulture eyes as we laid side by side. Then she turned her steering and inched closer until our side mirrors almost kissed and honked again! What a bloody beech! Believe me at that boiling moment, you wouldn't admire her strong guts.




I couldn't let her bully me like a useless wimper. Pride was at stake.




I retaliated by accelerating forward using whatever damn space was still available and managed to break away from the lunatic. But she wouldn't back down and similarly, forcefully speed forward and moved closer to push me off my tracks.







Our side mirrors clashed but I had reach a point of no return. I kept my feet firmly on the gas pedal as I hear my side mirror crankling. Ouch! Finally, she relented but not without honking me again! Urghh.. this wacko beech is a loose canon!




Both of us did not bother to stop, she was cursing madly me while tailgating me really close when I looked at my rear mirror. For the first in my time, I have never seen such a freaking crazy woman on the road. I mean, no discrimination to all the nice ladies driving out there, but this is one stubbornly insane woman without any sense of safety... and logic. It was as if she was on the last leg of F1 and must win at all cost.



After I cleared the toll, she still kept chasing me from behind and I thought she was going to rear end my Toyota. While she was overtaking me on the left, she honked once more and mumbled what seemed like obscenities. Of course, I duly responded by showing a not-so-kind gesture.

What an "interesting" morning!




P/S: To the looney beech in the dark blue Kancil, you are one fooking crazy woman!!

3 comments:

  1. this is the funniest story ever!!! hahaha i love malaysia.. anything boleh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! one really mad woman at large on LDP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u shud have just let her pass and save ur mirror. U guys r so ego on the road!! Give us ladies a break.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin