Monday, March 16, 2009

Bangkok Trip 2009 Part 2

Day 4
Riiiing!!! Morning call at 6 am! I can’t open my eyes. I still wanna cuddle in my bed.
I have never been this early for so long that I can’t even remember when.

We stayed at Golden Beach Hotel in Pattaya which of course is next to the beach. The hotel was ok but the front office staff was rude. So much for their tagline "The land of smiles".



Day view


Night view


After breakfast, we headed straight to Coral Island on a speed boat.

And stopped by a floating barge for some para-sailing action.



Have fun and splash in the sea with ski-jets, banana boats and diving under the sunny beach and clear skies.


There are many shops offering a variety of food, clothing, souvenirs and lots of stuff. You don’t have to worry if you forgot to bring your bikini :) Almost everything is available here!



Barbequed seafood



Fresh coconut juice. Ahhh…


Beers
One thing is that you can find alcoholic drinks anywhere in Thailand.
At any roadside hawkers or restaurants. Cheers!



Hair beading and semi permanent tattoo


A local sweetie


Local traders




We returned to Golden Beach Hotel for lunch and quickly freshen up.

At night we went to “Walking Street”.
It’s an interesting restaurants and bar street.


A go go bar
The girls are waiting to make you happy ;)

Street performances


Cute human doll look-a-like




Human doll in action




Time Out
Ah! My favorite Pattaya No. 1 home made ice cream. Banana & Pineapple flavor!


The beach was romantic at night but beware of the “promotion girls” lining the beach pavement.

Juicy fruits



Tuk-Tuk Pick Up
This local girl accompanies her tuk-tuk driving father at work.
Start young in business huh.



We went for a iced latte at McCafe (McDonald’s other half)



Finally we went for body massage to recharge our lethargic bodies.
I love Thai massage!

Day 5
Noong Nooch Village
There were orang utan and elephant shows and elephant rides. Local traditional dance and stage theatre at the Thai Cultural Show House.




I want ice-cream!

I couldn’t resist snapping this cute “farang”.



After that it’s Safari World




Local kids waiting for some action



Before we call it a day, we went for another round of foot massage. Yeah…

Day 6
We headed straight for the airport to return to KL after breakfast.

A few of my friends had been traveling to Bangkok in the last few years, commented that the hospitality in Thailand has deteriorated especially the tour guides and hotel staff. They were rude and unhelpful. To be fair I did meet some really nice locals who were very friendly and courteous but sadly many are not. I understand if there will be glitches when traveling but at least there is some decent respect for us.

Don’t get me wrong here, Bangkok is really a great place to stay and live but if they fail to live up to the touted “The Land of Smiles”, they will succeed in driving away tourists. I wish and hope to see changes when I visit Bangkok again.

For me, I still had a great time anyway :)

Bye bye Bangkok! Kap pun kap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin