Thursday, April 16, 2009

Snacks: Ccozi & Friends + Yokomon Ice Cream

For many, Korean BBQ typically comes to mind at the mention of Korean cuisine. So when I was surveying Sunway Pyramid for lunch with a friend last weekend, a Korean snack bar caught my interest at Asian Avenue which is located on the top floor, new wing. I have never tried Korean street food before. So we decided to "experiment" with Ccozi & Friends.


The ambience was comfortable and the decor was simple and interesting. If you are seated near to the window, you'll get a glimpse of Sunway Lagoon themepark. It's just a bit crowded as the tables are placed rather close to each other due to limited space.




Photo by Ccozi & Friends













We ordered an original flavour pancake and tuna salad with Korean green tea. The pancake was surprisingly crisp and delicious. It was light on the tastebuds and not greasy. The tuna salad was dressed with sesame oil, some thousand island and a tinge of honey (I believe it tasted like honey). The tuna was very fresh and the salad was delightfully appetizing. I like the salad combination although the salad portion was a bit small compared with the tuna portion. The Korean green tea (RM 1 only) is free flowing and served hot or cold. The only giveaway was, it took probably 30 minutes for them to serve the pancake.


Original pancake (RM7.50)


Pancake & Tuna Salad (RM7)


Overall, I would give them 8/10 for their food, price, service and appearance and I highly recommend this refreshing Korean street food. So drop by with your friends and get ccozi...

Dessert: Yokomon Ice Cream

I am not a big fan for ice cream but my friend loves Yokomon.

So immediately after lunch, we headed to Yokomon (which is also in Asian Avenue) for Goma Ice Cream! Goma means black sesame in Japanese. It is imported from Japan and it's RM5 only for 2 big scoops. Available in cone or cup. The black sesame tasted absolutely original unlike those artificially flavoured ice creams.

They have several choices like Azuki (Red Beans), Maccha (Green Tea), Goma (Black Sesame), Daku Choko (Dark Chocolate), Ichigo (Strawberry) and Ramu Reezun (Rum Raisin).




Now I love Yokomon Ice Cream too. I have become one of their fans already. I am going to have the Maccha flavour next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin